The United Nations developed the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework to help develop a sustainable future for all. From small companies to countries, the SDGs are helping us move in a more sustainable direction through their 17 goals and 169 targets.
The overall purpose of the SDGs is to address issues from a global perspective, from resource use to human rights to future development. Understanding the SDGs is an essential task for many business leaders, including the CEO and senior management, Sustainability Managers, and even the employees. The path towards more sustainable business operations is transformational, bringing opportunities to help with risk management, which will help your company thrive in future conditions.
Understanding all goals and targets isn't an easy task - which is why we have divided them into grouped courses. The Sustainable Development Goals contain the following courses:
- Introduction to the SDGs Courses and Tools - Why are the SDGs important and for whom?
- Overview of the SDGs - Get the bigger picture. From the millennial goals to the SDGs and how we all benefit.
- SDGs for Nature - SDG 13, 14, and 15 on the environment, resources, ecosystem, and climate.
- SDGs for Society - SDG 5, 10, 11, and 16 on government, culture, institutions, and social issues.
- SDGs for Economy - SDG 7, 8,9, and 12 on production, consumption, work, and money.
- SDGs for Well-Being - SDG 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 on health, families, self-development, and quality of life.
- Partnership for the SDGs - SDG 17 on partnerships and involvement of different actors to achieve the remaining 16 goals by 2030.
By the end of this theme, you will have a good introduction of what each of the SDGs is and what they are intended to do, along with potential impacts. In further themes, we highlight business cases showing how to work with the SDGs to avoid issues, such as greenwashing and failed initiatives. Additionally, you'll learn why addressing all SDGs together, as opposed to only focusing on a select few, will bring forth better business practices in the long run.
Intrigued? Take a look at a sampling of our courses and tools through our free 7 Day Demo